In this lesson, I will teach you how to create the hand drawing effect on any font with Adobe AfterEffects CC. Here are the steps we will cover.
Steps to Create Hand-Drawn Animation
- Choose a Font and Write Something
- Trace the Letters with the Pen Tool, as if you were writing them by hand.
- Apply the Animate Stroke Effect Effect >> Generate >> Stroke
- Make the brush size just fit the edges of the text
- Set the following options in the effect panel (all masks, stroke sequentially, paint style=reveal_original)
- Set Keyframes. End 0%, --- End 100%.
- Add Easing. Ctrl-Shift-K
Download the Entire Alphabet Animated in NeoRetroFill Font
Did you like the look of this project? For just $5 bucks, I am offering the entire alphabet animated in the same font in a standalone Adobe After Effects project file when you unlock this lesson.
Download the Alphabet Animated with AfterEffects
This Section is Locked!
Unlock this lesson for $5 to view all sections.
Step 1 - Type a Word
Step 3 - Trace the Text with the Pen Tool
Step 3 - Generate the Stroke Effect
Step 4 - Increase the Brush Size
Step 5 - Make sure the Correct Options are Set
The following options should be set in the stroke effect panel:
- All masks - CHECKED
- Stroke Sequentially - CHECKED
- Paint Style - Reveal Original Image
Step 6 - Set the Keyframes
Watch the Hand Drawn Text Video Tutorial
Nobody has graded this lesson yet.
- 0 Unlocks
- 2881 Total Reads
- 36 minutes Est. Learning Time